PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Alliance APC
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2017, 16:50
skyman189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I did the APS/APC Course recently, in September.

Overall I think it was a fantastic course and I feel fully prepared for my airline assessments! The instructors and staff at WA are really helpful too and have stayed in contact, assisting me with the all-important first job. Things are going well at the moment!

As far as the course goes, it is an advanced MCC/JOC containing a lot more material, and has been tailored towards providing the airlines with the type of candidates they are looking for. You will be partnered with another student on the course and alternate between PM and PF roles. It is not just an attendance course, you will be required to pass assessments throughout and receive a comprehensive debrief after each day.

We did 40 hours on the Boeing 747-400 at Cardiff Aviation. It was an incredible experience! The facilities at Cardiff are great also. My advice if you choose to go ahead is to do some research and learn the SOP's very well before you go. This will free up lots more capacity for you.

I also did my training at Aeros, and yes they have their fast track scheme which looks good. They do however also recommend WA, but the choice is yours to decide which one you wish to do. The APS Course is a very new thing but will give you those extra skills that could make all the difference.

If you have any more questions then please feel free to PM me, and Good Luck!