PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wings Alliance APC
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2017, 09:31
Renonevada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Platinum503,

To answer your question: yes, I have done this course in August. To be honest I decided to do their course when I was at a meeting organized by Kura Aviation. The difference with them is that WA is much younger and so far has a less extended network when it comes to Airlines. But... they also offer an excellent course for a much better price. It will save you about 3000 GBP! The course itself I experienced as véry good, very complete and extensive. The sim sessions are on a B747. That might be a bit overdone, but in the end it is one of the most complex aircraft with 4 engines and thus you learn a huge deal about what the course it about: working together, CRM, communication, JOC and, very important, give you insight and train the use of pilot specific competencies. After all it's also a lot of fun, to be able to fly a 747 . The theoretical part is very interactive and covers all you need to know including interview practice, a review on your CV etc. The aftercare is also very good. They really try to help you to secure the job even with airlines that are not linked to them: my cover letters are reviewed, I get tips, they help to find open positions etc. The "downside" of WA is that their network is very limited to this time. Monarch was part of their network, but you know what happened to them. That leaves 3 connected airlines so far. It is after all waiting for those airlines when they start to hire, this is something WA can't force. But I am now introduced to one of their connected airlines and I have 2 other assessments with other airlines. Without this training I never would have gotten this far! So, yes they deliver and I would really recommend you to go to their selection. It is a huge amount of learning and fun for a very competitive price.

Last edited by Renonevada; 10th Nov 2017 at 18:36. Reason: bad English, need to add something