PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAIPS Log In - any issues
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2017, 10:18
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following extract from email from one organisation:

As those who have tried today will know, NAIPS is down. Eventually I rang their helpline to be told that the problem is in the NAIPS software and the website failed to reboot after the upgrade last night to incorporate Graphical Area Forecasts. They have no idea how long it will take to fix, but have extra staff working on it and could only suggest re-trying every few hours.

No comment yet from BoM, I asked Ashwin Naidu if he knew where the problem was, but probably too busy working on it to reply just yet.

Of more concern is that mid-afternoon I tried getting Temora NOTAM on y mobile phone using Oz Runways and got the complete NOTAM set that was current on 9 NOV 2015! THIS WORRIES ME!

The good news is that it is only the NAIPS system that is down, and forecasts and NOTAM are available to airline flight ops departments and other users that have other systems for delivery of these products.

But nothing on the Airservices web site yet, or in news media, so looks like mostly GA that is affected.
Why did they not ghost the changes for a week or so first??