PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2017, 08:57
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent post ATNotts on security. I too am constantly dumbfounded at how dumb people are when passing through security. As you say, general rules haven't changed for years yet there are still people who appear gobsmacked when they have to put liquids into a single bag, therefore holding up everyone else with their stupidity.

I will agree, the security queuing time screens at BHX are rarely spot on. They're there for a guideline time. I passed through last week, it said 11 minutes, I was through in 5.

As for EZY pax woes, it's not the first time I've heard of this kind of thing happening. Baggage often takes an age to appear. Why not move EZY flights to arrive at what was T2, cutting out the bus frustration at least? It's only 3 flights a day which could easily be slotted in?

On a different note, the first Phuket flight takes off today, a historic first for BHX as it's the first time we've had a non stop regular flight to Thailand. I wish TUI every success, although it is rumoured that it has already been dropped for next winter in favour of Langkawi.....

Last edited by GayFriendly; 8th Nov 2017 at 09:01. Reason: Added more info