PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2017, 18:14
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So two recent experiences of Birmingham.

1. Arrived on 30th Oct about 11.30 am from Belfast. All deplaned onto 2 buses and then driven to the other terminal(2?). Belfast passengers on Ezy have to use the "special" door so we pulled up and waited for the door to be opened. We stood on the bus for about 20 minutes at a guess. One lady was suffering from the fact there was no room and was on the point of passing out. Some of the pax were hammering the glass to the driver asking him to open the doors to let some air in, it was quite warm, but he just looked round and then ignored us. After the long wait, they decided this door wasn't going to open so we set off on another short tour to drive to the airbridge just behind where we were sitting to then be let off and climb the stairs into the airbridge. There were some older people there, just left to their own devices. It was a shambles and clear that the staff didn't care what was happening. I know some will defend due to security etc, the old lame excuses that are always trotted out but our treatment was disgraceful. Birmingham seem to have a bit of an issue with Belfast pax, they are seen as 6th class. I wonder when someone in authority in this country will have the courage to stand up and challenge some of the *** we have to put up with. Our flight was on time.

2. Returning from another journey last night. The big screen at security said the waiting time was 13 minutes from when you scan your boarding pass, we were able to walk most of the way to the top of that walkway. We then waited 20 minutes plus. So what is the point? Is the screen with the waiting time displayed an attempt to be helpful, so why not get it right? Or are they pretending to be helpful but don't care a toss? I also have to say, that area was filthy, as I pointed out to the security manager on duty when addressing the time issues.

Overall, a very poor experience, all of it very easily fixed but it won't be. Poor poor management.