PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Progression Rumours or not???
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2003, 18:59
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only just discovered this forum and so, this being my first post .. i'll just say 'Hi' and tell you how much i enjoy flying semi domestic routes as a 'regional' FA.
I love being a 'link-chick'
(if that term can be stretched to cover the gals too...)

I am proud to walk through the terminal in my australia post print shirt and no wings..

For those of you who doubt that some sort of 'tension' exists between regional and mainline... why is it that i can walk past an eastern crew and be greeted with the same warm and friendly 'hello's' as i would give my crew? When i dont even know them and they couldnt pick me from a bar of soap?
Why is is that walking past a mainline crew who were employed prior to the impulse takeover by QF, we receive snide comments and rude laughs?

I dont mind getting paid less. Hey, my 'honeymoon period' is over and the way we are sometimes treated and seen as the 'poor cousins of qantas' does annoy me, but I still enjoy going to work everyday, i wouldnt want more pay to work for a part of a company that i dont really respect or enjoy being part of.

I love the fact that at least as lesser 'regionals' we seem to be more safety concious (ie at least you can fly with 'the link' and know that the cabin secure checks are done properly!)
Passengers do notice this... I would be embarrassed to say that i fly QF shorthaul if i was ever employed by them..

I have passengers comment to me that they find us (qantaslink) 'different' to mainline.
Mabye part of it is because, yes some of us are younger, but i wouldnt say that we are perceived as a 'young' company like DJ.
Perhaps part of it has to do with the fact that if we didnt like what we did and who we did it with, we wouldnt be there....
those that come and fly with us and dont like it, leave, whether to go to mainline or another airline.
And those pax that fly with us get a warm, friendly crew who are only too happy to get you another can of coke or .. god forbid ... a cup of tea at seven pm.

Last edited by ShesGreatintheGalley; 13th Sep 2003 at 19:41.