PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cadet Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 20:01
DaveBC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attended stage 1 today and they provided some more information on the scheme. There will be assessments continuing through to December, and if needed, January and February. BA are looking to recruit 100 cadets but no word on whether the MPL and ATPL routes will have caps. The MPL route does require a higher standard all round, but you will be offered the ATPL if you fall just short. Stage 2 is group exercises and an interview with L3. Stage 3 is another round of group exercises, 2:1 interview and a capacity assessment conducted by BA.

I received an email to confirm my result for the day at 17:05, an hour and a half after completing the assessments. The day consists of a mental maths test and a verbal reasoning test, followed by a numerical reasoning test and PILAPT.

My tips for anyone looking for advice:
  • Mental Maths: 25 multiple choice questions in 12 minutes. Practice on the CEBGlobal page they email you. Learn shortcuts to avoid having to work out the whole answer. Time is a real constraint for this test.
  • Verbal Resoning: Practice on CEBGlobal. 36 questions in 20 minutes. Time wasn't an issue. Didn't find this particularly difficult. Involves reading some information and answering questions based off the information given.
  • Numerical Reasoning: Very much identicle to LatestPilotJobs(LPJ )maths test but 15 questions in 15 minutes. No calculator.
  • PILAPT: Identicle to LPJ. Found myself extremely prepared.

I can post my average scores from LPJ if anyone is interest to try and gauge difficulty of the PILAPT tests.

Last edited by DaveBC; 5th Nov 2017 at 09:12.