PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I gain Part 145 experience for a licence
Old 29th Oct 2017, 15:40
compsurge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies!

I took a quick look at RVL. My experience so far has been on wide body aircraft and I would like to gain a B1.1 in the future. Definitely something to think about though and thanks for the pointer.

Contracting is something that I have thought about and agree, it would be the best way to fill in the logbook. I have to give 30 days notice to leave my current job and realise a lot of contracting jobs need you on short notice.
I may have to take a leap of faith, move back to the UK and then start contracting.

The other alternative would be to work for free since I have very limited experience on commercial aircraft. I'm not exactly sure how to approach this. Is it a case of knocking on hangar doors? or are more subtle methods preferred?

I read in a thread on here that there was a gentlemen doing his B licence modules not to long ago. I believe he went through a career change and was in the same predicament I am finding myself in now. Does anybody know how he managed to get his foot in the door?