PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bae Flight Training for sale.
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2003, 16:24
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Exclamation

I think its fair to say that the owners of OATS have been *rumoured* to be looking to sell the business on. These kinds of rumours are often rife within the flight training world.

At least now we *know* that this is indeed the case for BAEs ownership of Jerez.

As I heard it recently from a reliable source: When Mr Big from Bombs & Bullets PLC asked Mr Big from British Belts & Asbestos PLC if they wanted a school in Spain they actually said we were going to ask you if you wanted a school in England...

What Joe Wannabe is supposed to make of all this talk is really the issue here.

I guess he just has to pay his money and takes his choice. I can't see that either the facts or the rumours make a great deal of difference to his decision as his money is going to be pretty safe with either of these two training behmouths (check spelling - Ed). The reasons for choosing either school remain as compelling as they ever were - though I suspect some close questioning would be in order when on the 'phone to Spain.

Now. If I could just win that lottery and buy both of them then dominate the market...

Cheers