PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you let people have a go?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 15:29
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chopjock - now you really have reverted to type. Absolute complete and utter bollocks.

I conducted a trial during my time as CP for the police/hems outfit to cover this very "circumstance".

Each and every time this was discussed or tried, it was apparent that it was a complete non starter.
First you have to 'assume' the incapacitated pilot doesn't slump all over the controls killing everyone instantly as the helo inverts.
Then you have to move from your co-pilot seat or back seat into the pilot seat after having chucked the pilot out of his seat without disturbing the controls! [AP: Don't even go there].
Then you have a complete *nob trying to fly a £6 million helo from X hundreds or thousands of feet all the way down to 'somewhere' straight in front of him or her without deviating (because they can't turn it in balance) to a running landing on the golf course which is always available in front of them and is always half a mile long.
Hovering options: Are you insane?

So I will take your last post as a pinch of salt and an attempt to wind me up - which it has done - bravo.