PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NT C210
Thread: NT C210
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2017, 02:32
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't comment on this accident because there is not enough accurate information available to form a valid opinion.

A common thread in any accident (C210 or other type) in similar situations runs something like this. Certain constraints eg terrain, controlled airspace, restricted airspace, getthereitis and nasty weather ahead. There's a bit that doesn't look too bad. We should be OK that way. Opps we've just gone IMC. Never mind I've got an instrument rating and an auto pilot. We'll be through this soon. There were imbedded thunder storms forecast. I hope they're not where we are. Suddenly all hell breaks loose. The autopilot disconnects and the aircraft is tossed around like a leaf in a willy willy. No instrument stays still long enough to work out what is going on.

If lucky in a few minutes the aircraft pops out the other side shaken but not broken with enough altitude to recover from whatever strange attitude the pilot finds his aircraft.

If not lucky and too close to the ground, at or beyond VNE, the heroic efforts to save the day have pulled a wings off.
Read the sickening similar accident reports going back to when man first ventured into clouds.