PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Anna, Rupert...et al. Do you hear the approaching thunder...?
Old 23rd Oct 2017, 05:01
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morningcoffee
Theres no mass exodus. A bunch of legacy airlines who recruit once every 8-10 years are taking a dozen or so this month, maybe even this week, and somehow via Pprune that translates to 12 pilots leaving per week and wow 652 leaving this year.

That figure seems slightly in disagreement with the 2.5% (90 per year) the analysts, the AOA and the company agree with.
Ummmm yeah.

Many of my good friends are gone. Many more are most definitely on their heels. And even more on THOSE heels.

And there even well might be things tugging at my feet too.

I’ve never seen things like this. Ever. And there’s no way in hell any training pipeline — even if it were working and expanding normally — can keep up with it. And even that’s assuming one could find recruits to begin with on C scale with all that has been happening over the past few years and still playing out. So it appears the plan to hire folks who’ll live on a shoestring and never say no ain’t exactly playing out as planned. The not so funny part is that the management could have made peace with the TU — or even left things well enough alone and done nothing — and things would have played out much better than they have.

Are you the guy who makes up all those numbers in the charts and graphs that have been floating around lately ? Or are you the fuel guy ?