PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic FO payscale
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2017, 17:27
Busta Level

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trotts
Chaps,

As one of the oh-so-lucky ex Monarch pilots to have woken up 3 weeks ago without a job I am very grateful for the support from across our industry. Most fellow pilots have been incredibly sympathetic and supportive.

I have some questions on part time roster with VS -

What part time options are on offer?

Do any of the options give the ability to live remotely and work, say, for the first or last 2 weeks of a period and guarantee longer periods off between trips?

Many thanks for the continuing support guys.
No part time on offer for new joiners, but once you're past your probation period (or the first year, I can't remember which) then you can apply for it. However, the queue is currently around 4 years long, across all fleets, and is only getting longer!

There are various part time offerings in place, each with their different advantages and disadvantages. But rest assured that there'll be plenty of time to look into them all and consider your options way before you get the offer of part time :-)

Having said that, lots of people already on part time do live abroad and commute, in a similar way to that which you're suggesting.

I'm glad that you've found a job....we're all sympathetic to your situation, as it can happen to any of us, at any time.

Good luck!