PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US slaps huge duty on C Series
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2017, 03:02
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prox

Thanks for not taking offence at my genuine question regarding your experience. I wasn’t trying to be smug.

C series and E2 aren’t even in the same conversation, because they aren’t in direct competition with one another. Only in people’s imagination. C series has a much more appealing cabin anyway for the airlines. I don’t have much more to contribute than that except to say they have the same engine, I think.

C series, A320Neo, and the B737Max aren’t in the same conversation either, for the same reason.

C series however, essentially finished off the B737-700, A318 and probably the A319 as well. That’s from Boeing and Airbus, I didn’t make that up.

Simply stated, you’ve made the same mistake as thousands of others out there. Comparing C series with aircraft it isn’t even in direct competition with.

It’s easy to say aircraft built for the airline market all compete with each other. It’s the big two who actually try to dictate to the airlines what aircraft they want, not need.

I don’t understand this deal between Airbus and Bombardier so I only have sh*t to say about it. How does it even work.

You provide great advertising for Embraer though. They should send a few bucks your way.