PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Icelandic
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2017, 07:38
Idle Reverse

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I flew with AAI some years ago on the Classic and so my input may only be of limited value, due to time lapse, but I found them to be an excellent employer. I found the training was well organised and of high quality. The flying environment and the people I worked with (multi national) was always enjoyable and the accommodation was good. We might not have been in the 5 star BA / Cathay style hotels but we were always in very acceptable hotels and were well looked after. Socially it was great; a good bunch of fellow crew from different corners of the globe. The rosters in those days inevitably changed but when you are sub chartered to a customer (who’s daily / weekly needs were liable to change) and fellow crew sometimes needed to rearrange their own home / social plans at short notice then a stable roster was never going to happen; but it was never a problem and for some of us this simply added to the general variety of the job. Management people in Iceland were always approachable and helpful and we were always paid.
Even in my time (2004-2008) we had a fair scattering of “moaners” who talked down the company but you will find this with any airline or with any other type of job anywhere else come to that.
You won’t be accumulating an in house pension pot and you won’t be getting free / cheap holiday flights when you retire; accept and plan for this.
I had a great fun time with AAI; a good company with good “can do” people.
Go for it ! 🤗 🇬🇧 🤗