PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2017, 18:26
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess maybe the advertising hasn't been the Best? I've barely seen any adverts for these flights at all.
i tell people in work about norwegian short haul. they've never heard about them. yet, even then they just use easyjet or ryanair !
i cant fathom it
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKY661
I guess maybe the advertising hasn't been the Best? I've barely seen any adverts for these flights at all.

I'd say that's the problem.
Funny how carriers start new routes, some quite innovative, then scrap them/reduce frequencies a few months later, all because they cannot be bothered to adverise them sufficiently. BE's LCY-CWL (scrapped) and LCY-EXT (down to just once/day) are examples that come to mind.

Seems that it isn't just BE!

You see adverts on TV for easyJet, Ryanair and Jet2 - even Monarch had a TV ad campaign earlier this year - but nothing for Norwegian. Go back to the late-90's and early-2000's when the LCC revolution was in full swing you had easyJet getting lots of publicity through the ITV show 'Airline' (anyone remember that?) and Ryanair had adverts at the start and end of weather forecasts on Sky News like Qatar do now as well as their adverts in newspapers that were created in-house. You also had Sir Stelios and Michael O'Leary hitting the headlines and becoming well-known for their respective positions.

Unless I've been looking in the wrong places, I've not seen similar levels of advertising or publicity for Norwegian. It's as though you only know they offer those routes too if you go looking for them or have an interest/work in aviation
Exactly, how can the non-aviation general public be expected to know about new services if they are never advertised?