PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do Us Shortlister Really Have A Chance?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2003, 09:47
AIRBUST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE PAIN OF A WAIT-LIST - I guess I am not alone.

I just received the letter from Australian. That after attending an interview in Cairns (March) and being waitlisted many months ago that my requirements don't fit their operation. I am extemely disappointed but I am also on the QF waitlist. I hope that they don't do the same. At the end of the day it is the same company.

I was advised I was on The QF waitlist on 26th March so I should be receiving a letter about waitlist extention soon hopefully. Has anyone in Melbourne received this letter already? I am happy to wait but I sure would like some indication to what is happening and if any positions are likely to be offered and if so what type.

Rumours build your hopes and maintain some positive thinking but you come down off the high cause nothing seems to be happening. It is hard to move on in your life when you are passionate about flying and being apart of aviation. What other industry keeps people hanging like this? You prove in your interview that you are dedicated and enthusiastic. Your the person for the job. They hand you the letter thats says 'congratulations you are on the waitlist', then you are left hanging!! I believe that the future is going to be hard and that the time of full time employment is coming to an end. Flexability has its merit and you must be able to embrace change. I also believe another player is going to come in to our market and this may also provide challenge and of course more flight attendant jobs.

The waiting is just hard. Then being told you preformed really well at the interview and every other criteria has been met that your on the list. Then to wait 6 months and be told that a panel of managers that have not met you believe that you are no good really tears you apart and brings reallity back to you.

I hope that Qantas are far dinkcum about people and recruitment and that some information is feed back to us soon. This web site seems to have become a life line for the waitlists whom patient sit and wait. Thank -you to the peole who try to provide insight and information to us. It is great.

To QANTAS - there are some great people waiting out here. The information courtesy notes you provided during the war and sars where great but how about another one with maybe a possible forcast or so information on where your business is going. We are all part of it and have a vested interest as it is our future too.

Just some personal thoughts that where better off out that keep hiden away. I know I am not alone.
Have a good day