PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2017, 22:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United/Jet2/Monarch/Qatar

Firstly I would like to pass on my best wishes to all Monarch crew in their quest to get back in the air and just say it was a pleasure flying a few times from BHX to Venice, Rome, Skiathos and more recently Preveza.

Good to see Jet2 react in a speedy and dignified fashion in adding several flights even if it is to their benefit. Seven aircraft scheduled at times from February although I realise this might be end up as six once the schedules are sorted. Malaga is the only route at present which hasn't had too much added.

United

Gone now as of today and a water cannon salute to boot, which I am told is not unique but celebrating an airline pulling out which could annoy some of those affected by the loss of the route even if it was only a few local staff.

Final seat maps today show 148 in on UA27 with 14 business, 35 economy + and 99 economy and 134 out with 16 business (full) 30 economy plus and 88 economy.

Qatar

Interesting post by MV on the Bristol thread and I am wondering how much the Cardiff service will affect the BHX route, which is hardly producing stellar numbers although September might have been different with Emirates reducing to two flights a day.