PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for logging P1 hours on a plane that is not your usual school?
Old 5th Oct 2017, 18:41
Gertrude the Wombat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Parson
In my experience, some clubs are flexible re the time needed between flights of different types if the member is known to them and is reliable, competent and safe.
One I know simply requires that you have flown within their currency period (they like an instructor's signature as verification, but it can be a P1 flight). They don't care about type.

So, within the rules, but taking the piss slightly, I rented an aircraft P1 on the basis of having flown elsewhere within the required period, with the needed instructor's signature, entirely within the rules ... but the flying elsewhere had been in a floatplane. And you don't get much crosswind practice in a floatplane, unless you choose to make it a specific exercise, as the whole point is to suss out where the wind is coming from and land into wind. So I did make rather a mess of the resulting crosswind landing, not having flown a landplane for quite some time.