PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for logging P1 hours on a plane that is not your usual school?
Old 4th Oct 2017, 13:06
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bose-x
Trying to scrabble for P1 time without having to jump through the hoops required of the owner/operator of the aircraft in terms of paying club membership and having a checkout is what I suspect..........

If accumulating P1 time is so desperate an objective for you, why don't you just parker pen it?
I find that quite harsh particulay the use of the word desperation.I dont understand what you mean by Parker Pen it?? A term I am not familiar with perhaps.

If you mean why not just add it in.. well thats illegal and a falsification of records!

However, I accept that thought processes cannot be gleaned from a black and white posting on a thread.

If I was up to something why would I come on a forum asking about any regulatory impact or other.

I would just go out and do what I want! Probably end up without a license but I sure as heck wouldn't bother about seeking approval or trying to obtain factual information from a forum or google!

Originally Posted by Gertrude the Wombat
I think someone might be trying to save a few quid. But it won't work - there really is no alternative but to pay for a membership and pay for a check ride.

I am a fully fledged PAID member with recurring renewal of a flying school/club (I still call them schools) as I went through a PPL with them. I am already checked out on different Aircraft and have ALWAYS AND STILL CONTINUE TO PAY my dues for instructors, checkouts etc or wherever required. This should always be the case with anyone as Instructors and the like work hard to impart knowledge..

I just find conflicting information and navigating the texts and different regulatory requirements somewhat confusing sometimes and hence need to see some of the detail with the 'bigger picture'. Just the way my mind works sometimes..

For example, someone at the school/club once told me that we cant fly aircraft into an unlicensed field (think somewhere like North Weald) as license holders. I asked why and they said its to do with 'Category of Fire and Rescue and its a regulatory requirement' that we need to comply with.. not content with this I asked someone else and got a different response!

It transpired that the school didnt want their aircraft going there because its a shortish flight and as any business would.. want to maximise the rental return on aircraft..and were feeding duff information to students or renters!

I can accept that I shouldn't ask questions but if I cant glean information from people who may be exercising the previleges of their license longer than I have than I dont see the point in a forum or Google!

Appreciate I may have overthought it though..

Cogs are turning!

Scoobster