PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Gulf Air back to their old tricks?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2003, 22:13
CaptSnails

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CNTIAM,

You said
“Yes I am an insider and I know both of them more than you will ever know them.”

Considering that this is an anonymous forum aren’t you presupposing a bit too much. For all you know I may well be one of them.

My dear friend first of all because I’m optimistic and support the company, you have the gall to say that I’m trying to cover up something. You have no idea who I am and what my principles are so please keep your comments to a non personal level.

No one said that till now DGCAM is not to blame for many of our problems. If we like it or not we live in a society were politics is intertwined with business and we have to learn to live with it and deal with it in the best way possible. I fail to see what your point is. Are you expecting a single manager to change the system overnight?
Are you aware of the fact that DGCAM was recently replaced?

EVER WONDER WHY?

You said
“What I am personally worried about is that trainers, checkers and management are all scared of exercising their powers and thereby allowing certain individuals to be in positions which hi/she is not qualified to be.”
Who are you referring to, the command applicant? If so can you please advise why? Is it because he did an un-stabilized approach? I guess you have never done one yourself right?
That is precisely what I was talking about earlier. Your attitude is that he is not qualified to be a captain because he failed a line check and did an un-stabilized approach. What I’m saying is teach the guy how to avoid being un-stabilized and what to do if it does happen to him and I’d fly with him every day. If I follow your line of thought I really don’t need a training department do I? I just fail all the guys who don’t meet the mark.

Ac100 thanks for admitting you heard it from the TRI. I ask you therefore not to believe me but go directly and ask Capt. Glafkos Christofides who authorized the additional sim session as the then MFT A320. The additional session was for RAW DATA FLYING without A/P, A/THR and FD’s. Do you think we do 4 hours visual approaches for God’s sake? Not even cadets need 4 hours visual circuits.
When you get the answer from Capt. Glafkos please have at least the decency to admit it here.

Regards
Snails