PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for logging P1 hours on a plane that is not your usual school?
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 14:15
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if I am not clear..Perhaps I am confused.. I'll try to keep it simplified scenario

You have 2 people. Both are license holders. Both learned at different schools and are members of different group shares/schools.

You want to go to some land far away and say i.e. fly a leg each to cost share. Only one is a member of the school. The membership here I am presuming is paid for insurance purposes, upkeep of facilities etc.

In the view of the CAA because only 1 person is 'insured' are they the only party who can LAWFULLY act as P1? or can both be P1 operating different legs from the LHS after a landing?

I am not trying to break rules here but just trying to be educated and get my head arouby: - Understanding the link between whether two "qualified pilots" can operate as P1 from one school or if both need to be 'insured' members?

I don't get the part about the contract - the tech log is all that is filled in apart from a logbook check, medical check and a license check.

What is the link between insurance, tech log and P1?

Scoobster