PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Embraer 190/A350
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 12:43
jolihokistix

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts
On Sunday I took a Finnair A350-900 from Helsinki to KIX, and funnily enough found myself sitting next to an Embraer pilot from another airline.

Normally I use Korean Air and have often done the Heathrow - Seoul - Japan route, actually about 130 times. It was interesting to observe some little differences.

Firstly, may I say that Finnair were very professional and the aircraft was extremely smooth, almost as if the pilot was deliberately avoiding turbulance.

My only complaints were with the electronics and sound systems, including the entertainment screens, most of which buffered or stayed frozen for much of the night. There was no-one on the flight who understood them. My companion mentioned that some airlines give compensation/refunds as entertainment is seen as part of the package. No separate hand controller meant that I could not even switch on my reading light. All this on a relatively new plane. We sat in darkness for about six hours with the blue Exit light "BONG" frightening us awake every few minutes. Announcements were also way too loud, indeed painful on the ears. My by-now friend said it should have been simple for the crew to twizzle the volume down a tad.