PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for logging P1 hours on a plane that is not your usual school?
Old 3rd Oct 2017, 12:06
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Requirements for logging P1 hours on a plane that is not your usual school?

This might seem a straight forward answer but I haven't made the link in my brain yet about any relevance to CAA Regulations.

A number of pilot friends fly out of a group in a different airfield and qualified on C152/C172 etc. Another airfield in the vicinity also operate the same aircraft.

Question:

Can anyone who is part of a different group/school walk into another school and rent their aircraft..and still log the P1 hours..if the member who is part of the active membership of the school is the one who hires the aircraft?

So 2 people - 1 who is member and 1 who isn't.

My confusion is around:

1) Insurance - if not a member at another school - said school/group/club can say visiting pilot/friend is not insured on 'their fleet' - but can member who is insured 'hire' the plane and fly with friend and the P1 hours get split between legs with friend/visiting pilot?

Link between Insurance and P1 logging time if any?

Obviously this would be stupidity - as not insured but I'm confused as to why they cant hire the same make model etc. (as they have flown) and log the P1 hours - the difference is just that its a different airfield?

2) If not a member of said school - where does this leave the Tech Log?
eg if Scoobster takes plane from school - name on tech log is Scoobster's.

If friend flies a leg - leg cannot be verified on tech log as friend is not part of the same school? If CAA enquiries then there is a mismatch.

Just wondered if I have really got myself in a twist can't find any clear guidance from anyone I speak to.

Cheers,
Scoobster

Last edited by Scoobster; 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:36.