PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilot looking to revalidate SEP (EGSS)
Old 28th Sep 2017, 20:10
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
Indeed, ifitaint...

It's supposed to be included in the Aircrew Regulation following the Opinion for NPA 2014-29(B), to remove any doubt for those numpty MS which don't understand that AMC/GM are not 'hard law'.

But with the advent of Part-DTO not far off, a number of 'ATO' references will need to be amended to 'ATO/DTO'....
I have an issue at the moment where a candidate who is a current airline pilot with a rating expired end of 2012 on SEP(A) with last flight a couple of weeks before expiry has had his training rejected by the Spanish CAA. He did 3 training sessions, 2 class room and a 1hr flight before being deemed by the FI(A) to be ready for test. Test was completed by an independent Spanish Examiner with no fault.

They have now written to me as HoT and accused me of "poor management oversight" for allowing the candidate to test and the FI(A) for "poor assessment" and the Examiner for the same and told the candidate he must undertake more training and another test!!!

So we basically have an NAA overriding the assessment of 3 professional flight Instructors (all of us Flight Examiners) including an independent flight Examiner from their own authority and the approvals of a UK ATO. The have issued no guidance material of their own as to what is acceptable but have chosen to negate my authority.

As a UK school we acted totally in accordance with the UK AMC in my belief.