PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2003, 09:59
2B1ASK1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Wake up and smell the coffee

Honestly you guys are in dream land I have not read so much drivel in my life no wonder GA is falling apart here. everybodies reluctance to change and the Australian attitude that it works for us is bull****. We have one of the highest incident accident rates in aviation in the world not counting third world countries, instead of attacking everyone that tries to change things why not help.

Most of the fairy stories I have read on this post bare no resemblance to the truth about NAS or the ARG, I do not like to quote so I wont but to say that nobody from the industry is supporting this is garbage if fact at the NAS workshop most of the industry there supports the need for change but as usuall there are a few negative doom and gloom people present. Some of the things are correct yes US NAS is different and will not fit into Australia but the fact that there accident incident rate is lower than ours with 5 times as much traffic has got to have a plus, the argument about they have greater radar coverage is also crap. US ATC will not warn VFR merging traffic for fear of litigation in alot of cases. Australian air services has agreed to warn merging traffic if you really feel you need this kind of service listen into the frequency you feel will give you the service. Remember the frequencies you monitor are not mandatory only advisory.

I have flown in the sydney basin area for some years now as I instruct out of Bankstown on a daily basis this is arguably one of the most busy training areas in Australia sharing the same training area as three other GA aerodromes funny how in all this time I have not had to make a radio call in the traininig area to let other pilots know where I was or where I was going. I am also a member of berrima district aero club flying out of Mittagong on a regular basis and have never felt the need to ramble out position reports and have never even come close to another aircraft, to the post that claims he had a near miss I suggest you look out a little more and worry less about making position reports.

There is the argument that states making a position report only encourages less looking out the window, after all why do we need to we have told everyone where we are and if they were anywhere near then they would say something so I can relax and assume no one is around.

Facts- we have not got a system that is perfect, the new system is being tailored to suit our needs in Australia by highly experienced and respected people in the industry. If this system helps to eventually reduce incidents and accidents then we should encourage and help it move forward. For those of you that want more facts because you are so sceptical then get of your backsides and look it up there are so many refferences and studies on NAS now its not funny, if you cant be bothered or make a constructive comment then don't bother many of us out here want to rebuild GA not slate and destroy it, sure we can all quote accidents in the US but look at the big picture.

10,000 hour flight experience I respect your flying ability but not the I am always right because I have 10,000 hours to say so, well Im sorry but your not always right and your attitude is why GA is dying.

Well done AK keep the good work up and for all you out there that want to find spelling mistakes and errors in this post have fun I have no time to check it as I and others like me are too busy trying to build GA back up again.