PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dxb-Dme info
Thread: Dxb-Dme info
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2017, 15:03
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What goes up

Thanks, not been to DME for a long time and thought they were now working QNH. Better re read all this thread from the start me thinks!

One of the problems I see here in EK is the need to pigeon hole everything into something that can be defined or graded. It may 'standardise' training and perhaps make grading easy but for some less experienced trainers, it may detract from the real goal. This should be to encourage basic airmanship and awareness and promote the crews ability to operate big picture into a multitude of challenging and complex environments that our variable route network provides. it's almost impossible to expect individuals to know the books, or should I say the EPT, backwards. Yet these minor debriefing points, especially if noted on the report, will have consequences, especially for those approaching command as their focus will now be detail driven.

They say the devils in the detail and to some extent, I agree. All professional pilots should be well prepared and have good basic knowledge of systems and procedures, however it's the big picture and common sense stuff that will ultimately save the day.

Harry