PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilot looking to revalidate SEP (EGSS)
Old 27th Sep 2017, 11:28
Fate_Is_The_Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline pilot looking to revalidate SEP (EGSS)

Hello all,
Firstly thanks in advance for reading this, I appreciate that it has been posted before but not in a few years and the previous advice seems outdated. I'm currently flying for Europe's Favourite Airline and looking to re-validate my SEP rating having had it expire almost two years ago.. However, due to the fact that I'm operating on an Irish licence I'm unsure how to go about this.

Firstly, how many hours dual should I budget for? I like to think that it's going to be like jumping back on a bike but don't want to fool myself.

Can I do the re-validation with a CAA examiner? If so, do I need to fill out any additional paperwork or will the CAA SEP renewal (SRG1119E?) be sufficient for the IAA?

Lastly, does anybody have any recommendations in the stansted area? Long term I intend to get into aerobatics and complete the course at Cambridge, but in the short term I'd just like to renew the rating as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Many thanks in advance!