PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon crash in Italy
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2017, 22:04
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
A very haunting picture, Hunter. GASP! Burner cooking and a late pull to show the crowd how low you could recover/not recover. A long vertical leg prolly in burner before the pull. I don't like it.

@Treble and others, RE: Gee-loc

The Wiki entry is flawed. The deal has to do with blood to the brain. No fresh blood, lala land.

We did not see a lot of complete loss of concsiousness before we had the jets that had high pitch rates and plenty of available gee.

The old deal was tunnel vision, then grey, then black. You could still hear, but that's it. The gee-loc we saw in the Viper was different. The victim went from "normal" to complete lights out in a few seconds.

I was there for one in back seat of a family model.

The medics found that the onset rate of the gee was a significant factor, and not total gee. If you clenched up from neck to chest to gut just a second or two before yanking, then you did not go to lala land. Been there many times and most were as an IP and the stoopid nugget would yank when I wasn't expecting it. I never blacked out, but I was used to stoopid moves by the nuggets and could clench my neck quickly to trap blood in the brain.