PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet
Thread: Vistajet
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2017, 16:47
bizjetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by farmer jo
A majority of the CH are from Emirates ,Etihad,and some from Qatar/Qatari Royal Flight - They are well trained and great to work with !
Normally you do your 17 days and then fly home (to be home on the 17th day) very rarely do you have to extend, then only if you want or agree to?
You do work very hard on all the fleets especially the Globals (30+ Globals), and the hotels do vary. Last rotation I did We stayed in Marriot (Marina del Ray), Crowne Plaza (Dubai), Omni Reorts (Boston), Marriot (Mumbai) - they are not that shabby really ?
Can agree with all of the above. Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Marriott etc seems to be fairly standard these days. Holiday Inn or NH Hotels in Europe is about as bad as it gets. Except Olbia in the middle of July when every other hotel is sold out - you could end up anywhere from a guesthouse to a 5* beach resort!

In 17 days expect to be flying on 13-14 of those - but you wanted this job to fly, not to sit around in hotels on standby, right....? Seems there are some on this thread hellbent on saying something negative whereas I think reality on the line is quite different.

The only thing worth mentioning outside of the "normal" roster is the compulsory CRM, company strategy day and (for flight crew) OPC/LPC's which are during your 13 days off spread throughout the year and normally take up 2-3 days at a time. A bit of a pain in the @rse but the company are fairly good at telling you a long way in advance which months to keep free, so that you at least stand a chance of planning home life in the rest of your 13 day blocks. Much better than my previous company which advertised 6 on 4 off but in reality expected us to be available pretty much the entire time whether you liked it or not.