PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon crash in Italy
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2017, 22:10
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
You could be right, Easy.

I can see a very slight decrease in pitch rate right at the end, and maybe the pilot was still pulling a bit when unconscious. Unlike the Viper, looks like the Tiffie stick moves a bit.

My only gee-loc experience reflected most that we had in early Viper years. Student studly went from a few gees to 1 gee or maybe a bit less as we were pulling back into the "bandit" at our high 6. Both of us were looking over our shoulder and suddenly the gee went way down and I thot he was extending to gain some energy. When I looked forward, his helmet was banging off the canopy rail!! Heh heh. Our initial group had a few of those examples and one has been on TV several times.

Thing about gee-loc is not the total gee but the rate it increases unless you have "clinched up" before yanking. Rarely happens in a prolonged fight. I have a HUD video that showed me in a "break" and gee got to about 8.4 or so. I grunted first for maybe a half a second and then I only held the ge for 3 or 4 seconds. At 20 deg/sec or more turn rate, you do not need to hold it for very long.

Just saying.