PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantaslink Progression Rumours or not???
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2003, 20:31
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peanut Pusher...
I agree with some of what you are saying but I must disagree on one point. Again I don't want to start a Link/Mainline battle. Just a point of view.

You are saying that mainline FAs are recruited to a different profile. That's right. DIFFERENT. No better or worse. Using your theory a passenger flying SYD-OOL on an all Y 737 has different needs to a pax on a 717. Needs that only a mainline FA (profile) can fufill. Is that what you are saying?

Have you ever paxed on a 717? Compare the service on a PM SYD-OOL 717 to that of the service on a 733. You will see what I mean. You may also find a greater service culture and willingness amongst FAs who have it forced upon them.

Please note. I am NOT having a go at FAs as service levels / procedures are dictated by each company. Just trying to highlight that things which are different are not necessarily better or worse. I guess my point is at Link FAs are forced to practice service more. Whether it be through 7 sector days on a Dash or offering bar AND hot drinks on 42 minute (or LESS) MEL-LST 717 flight. Link FAs have a certain culture forced upon them. Therefore there IS a greater service culture and willingess to exceed at Link. I would assume Short Haul would welcome such attitudes with open arms.

Also I think the 'want' you describe for Dash flighties to get into mainline is more financial than anything else. I bet that the percentage of FAs at Impulse 'desperate' to get into Short Haul is FAR less than at Eastern and Sunnies.

Just my P O V guys.