Originally Posted by LGS6753 View Post
Today there are 6 Monarch arrivals scheduled within 50 minutes:

1310 Mahon
1325 Faro
1325 Stockholm
1335 Naples
1340 Malaga
1400 Rome

... but only 4 based aircraft. I had not realized that they operated W pattern flights into Luton.

Hello LGS6753,

For today (24 hours of movements) Monarch have 10 arrivals and 8 departures. So in effect the four A/C are working well and the W pattern movements generate some extra psssengers.

I do hope though, that Monarch will base a further 2 A/C at LTN once they have their new 45 A/C fleet -due to be delivered- in the next few years.
At this rate the basket case airline we know as Monarch, will not be basing any aircraft at Luton next year...

After pulling out of all Long Haul a few years back and disposing of all their wide bodied metal , someone at HQ has just worked out the going is too tough on the short haul low cost routes and now want to give Long Haul another try instead!

Sounds like a marvelous idea when they have 45 short haul 737's on order!

As predicted by many, it looks like Greybull have had enough, and putting the airline up for sale or as worded in news articles selling the "Short haul" arm of the airline up for sale and they will focus on long haul. I never knew their was a long haul arm of the airline left!

In other words, I would guess the free money Boeing and Greybull have chucked at the airline has all been burnt and no one wants to put any more money on the fire.

It seems KPMG are managing this "sale" and Jet2 and easyJet are in the runnings...

Will be interesting for Luton if this goes through, will we have an even bigger base for easyjet next summer using the Monarch slots or could we have a new customer flying from the airport - Jet2?!

If Jet2 could be interesting times, would they want a Luton and Stansted operation, as well as Gatwick, if they absorb Monarch's slots there too?! The Stansted base seems to be going from strength to strength increasing from 8 to 12 aircraft next summer!