PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dxb-Dme info
Thread: Dxb-Dme info
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2017, 17:08
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said don

You will however be regarded as an arrogant old f@rt, like me, tribute to the majority now being inexperienced young sopjunkies who know nothing more than ….. sops.
Basically it’s not their fault, they don’t even know that common aviation sense exists, have never seen nor experienced it. My latest 3 days of simjoy were a perfect reflection of that. EBT my @ss, only OMs and SOPs ad nauseam, the victim was common sense, all of that indictive of lack of experience and realism.
The reaction of management (and unfortunately even training) shows where the problem sits and that the cause is most probably lost. At least with the existing team. For some time I thought that the fish only rots from its head, but even if AAR would be sacked, the fish’s intestins have been infected that only a complete reset can help.
It won’t happen though, the big Zampanoes will continue to blame the lazy pilots who should only follow the holy grail of their pamphlets, then Emirates will be great again.

It is hard for all colleague pilots to accept this. I have said this many times before, there's little excuse for a f@ck-up like this one. All mentioned, like fatigue, low minimums for applications, bad or insufficient training are contributing factors and make the company accomplice for incidents or accidents. But basically the pilot is there to avoid such incidents.
We all know that every eager young pilot would take up any opportunity to upgrade himself, and didn’t we all overestimate ourselves when young and inexperienced? That’s when the more experienced instructors and the old farts on the line reigned us in. That’s when the recruiters told us to go on with where we were, learn a little more before aspiring higher. Today young and aspiring pilots are faced with their peers that left the same outfit yesterday, with only a few days more experience, who readily team up with the greedy beancounters who more than willingly believe these young (and most importantly cheap) gods with shiny almost new 4 stripes and a brand new star how good they are and their applying fraternity brothers just as much. No one left to guide, advise, teach and warn.

The early warning cycle is broken, only the books left.