PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2017, 01:05
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I have the right to fly where I want, when I want, and for whatever price I want. I'm going to Abu Dhabi in 2 weeks, so I'm flying from Edinburgh... I'm going to Riga in November, so I'm flying from Leeds... Without complaint. But I would hope that an important business/leisure/VFR route would have a schedule reflecting that - but beggars can't be choosers with low cost airlines, who fly the route purely for maximum revenue, rather than balancing revenue and customer service. We have 2 airlines, operating utterly crap schedules to 3 cities in the South West, and one operating an extortionately expensive route to Wales... And it's ridiculous

I've driven Newcastle-Bristol many times, I've gone on the train, I've taken the megabus... I've flown direct from Newcastle, I've flown via Dublin, and once (I got lucky with sales) I flew back via Tenerife for £60 because it was, in fact, the most viable and cheapest option to be back in Newcastle in time for work at 07:30 on a Sunday morning... The other option was £200 via Amsterdam or £160 for the train.

Flying NCL-BRS has always been the cheapest option, and for a long time, will continue to be the most convenient option. Door to door, from mine to the missus' works out at 3.5 hours on a bad day, flying. No other method can even come close to competing with that. It's just frustrating that the schedule is woeful.

SWBKCB, a week or two ago, bmir had the majority of their flights NCL-SVG-NCL on sale for £69-79, Aberdeen-Bristol is selling for £62-79 two months out, and £79-110 a month out. If you can book with 1-2 months notice EMA-BRU is selling at £66-90, granted NCL-BRU is £79-160 but BRS-CDG is a steal at £61-80

i'd happily pay £120-160 for a day return NCL-BRS