PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dxb-Dme info
Thread: Dxb-Dme info
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2017, 12:08
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
200 LR...we will have to agree to disagree. Many Captains and a huge amount of FOs approaching command, dread being called into the office, for a 'talk', especially with a certain DCPB, who used to live in a country surrounded by a wall, ( who interesntly likes livining in his cubicle in the office, and tell others how to fly, but not fly himself.) in my time in EK, I was 'lucky' , I was in the position that if I did something the Company deemed ' bad' or ' showing 'The Brand' in a bad light'...my family home in Australia or my family's future would not be under threat.
However, let's look at the case of the 777 first.
If the guys had in the back of their heads ' well if we land off this we might get a phone call that says...Hi guys, we saw you landed off a RAAS warning, we know that's no problem in Dubai...but be careful if you are landing in Newcastle...anyway have a good day, see you later mate'...they would have landed and gone home.

However, I will bet you a million dollars they had in the back of their heads the email they would recieve the next morning had they landed,

" what have you done? You have landed against a RAAS warning, you have been removed from the roster pending investigation. You have blatantly ignored Company procedures. Please be in the DCPB office tomorrow morning ( on your day off) for an interview with DCPB and several other heavies'

Well, we all know the result of that one...now let's talk about the A380 in Moscow.

None of us know what really happened yet.
However, if I had just nearly buried myself into the mud of 'The Beloved Mother Country ', I would already wishing my uniform pants were brown. But as I tried to do the second ( and perhaps third) approach, with in the back of my head...well that's it...the house is gone..the kids education is gone..how will I pay out the car loan...
And sitting next to me was a new boy FO ( and I have no idea about the FOs experience), however, if he is sitting there in the middle of the night thinking...I just moved my family here..WTF just happened? You really think that crew is in the correct frame of mind to land the aircraft? I would suggest they are so stressed out, they should be in bed with about three Valium.

Fear and punishment rule. Basic common sense and pilot shti has been thrown out the window...my take on it anyway.
And it's easy for me..I do it from the comfort of home, stay safe out there!