Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 20:12
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamesair
AUG stats are now available on the airport website

Pax 624,233 (581,513 Aug 2016)
I know it's been discussed here before but one route that doesn't seem to help push numbers up is Bristol. I have to travel to the South West for work and am always shocked at the poor schedule compared to the 4 daily (?) flights that there once was. When I have flown the flights are packed but who wants to leave NCL at around 9pm (assuming the last flight of the day is not delayed) on Tues/Wed/thurs? We went to LHR instead in July and got a mini bus from there for convenience rather than cost. Next month I'll get the train down on Wednesday morning and perhaps fly back on Friday night but I doubt I'm alone finding this frustrating. Wasnt this something like the busiest English (none London) domestic route at some point? Even the Brymon dash 7's provided a better service than this!!

Also used to use STN very frequently (always full as well) and having had some recent horrific trips driving to Essex would love it to make a comeback. But I know it's about profit rather than bums on seats....

Final thought, on possible new routes I'm also surprised the Dominican Republic has never made a comeback from NCL especially with the troubles in Egypt and Tunisa. Went in 2006 on the MON a330 and remember it being relatively cheap for a good hotel but perhaps we just got a bargain.