PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pan European companies and employment law
Old 15th Sep 2017, 16:41
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does 'the base' thing affect the self-employed whose companies are based in Dublin. They are employed by their own entity in Ireland. Surely that issue has to be trashed & burned first so the rest can be sorted out afterwards. I haven't read the whole publication, yet, so perhaps that is covered. I thought RYR had stated they would not pay local taxes etc. because the crews 'worked on Irish territory' and they could be moved to anywhere in the network, so any base was only temporary. Foolishly the great self-employed never challenged that but lay down and asked to be whipped some more. If this ruling is so clear and unequivocal why could not IALPA & BALPA have not achieved this years ago? The worms are squirming out of the can as we watch and there will be more to this in the coming months. There is likely much grimy stuff under the carpet, which is yet to be lifted.

Of course the competition will like the changes as well...

And I always wondered why, when RYR was slagging off various governments etc for sneakily subsidising various airlines, the competition didn't highlight the dubious practices RYR were up to with reducing their crewing costs immensely with 'self-employed' pilots & CA's & engineers. If RYR were so vociferous against alleged government subsidies to their competitors why were the competitors not responding vociferously & vigorously to some of RYR's behaviour with local airport arrangements? I have always wondered why they were so meek, especially when the competitors were the likes of LH, AF/KLM, IAG & Stelios. None of them are usually afraid of having a whinge & a dig.