PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gold Bars and Flying Suits
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 16:15
FlyingOfficerKite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've had many a thread here on the subject.
Personally I think you should have your medical revoked for being a complete tosser as you're clearly delusional for wearing bars and poop suits as a recreational pilot in a spam can.

I agree - but a flying suit is useful in old aeroplanes, as such a a Chipmunk, where I always seemed to get oil everywhere - and for gliding to keep warm and dry.

Gold bars ... hahahahahaha - I wouldn't be seen dead ...

Slightly off topic but one flying club I visited recently at a regional/GA airport had a sign which said that any pilot seen wearing a hi-vis vest would be fined.

Now whilst I understand the sentiment, it doesn't really concur with modern health and safety philosophy - although to be fair I wonder how many accidents there have been Worldwide in aviation where the lack of hi-vis clothing was the primary cause of an accident ... ???

Modern H&S it has had a marked affect - back in the 1970s, for example, one man died every day on a building site in the UK. Now it has been reduced to 43 workers in 2015/16 (HSE).

The answer has to be if ONE life is saved it has all got to be worth it ...

But as far as gold bars are concerned - fine when I was flying a B737, but in a light aircraft ...

PS: I was slim when I last wore my flying suit - the wife laughed when I tried it on recently as the zip barely did up ... hmmmm