PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2017, 03:55
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airport are reporting that the bulk of the terminal redevelopment work will be complete by next April.

I have no idea what the airport's definition of bulk actually means so I am assuming they mean the terminal infil work, north pier and immigration hall expansion work. This would leave the security and baggage reclaim halls to be finished during the summer.

Terminal capacity is governed by its weakest link so until these last two areas are complete the airports capacity will approximately remain the same as this year although most of the airport should see an increase in capacity. I would guess the airport will be pushing hard to fill that extra capacity for the 2019 season.

Work has yet to start on the steps, ramp and canopy that will front the terminal. After the initial exciting design of the glass canopy roof that was replaced by what looked like the roof of a series of linked circus tents and made from the same material I will reserve judgement until I physically see it but I hope it is pleasing to the eye.

Let's just say the Tesco style walkway complete with drain pipes that cross through it in several places just above head height were a tad disappointing. Also there was meant to be two walkways going in but the one to the shuttle bus stop to the station was never installed.

Last edited by LTNman; 15th Sep 2017 at 04:13.