PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2017, 20:03
YVRLTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to say that I used the airport last week for the first time in a few years, I was prepared for an horrific experience. My uncle who is a regular user told tales of traffic lines up the hill even holding up buses, check in queues out the door and so on.

I took a train from St Albans to avoid the prophesied drop off gong show. Nice new Thameslink train. Got the shuttle bus from Parkway, there were three of us on it in total. Took 2 mins less than the advertised 6 mins. No traffic jams. Quite a few people bustling around, but no lines of cars, or people or buses to be seen. No line at all at the easy counter, printed my bag tags, straight to the counter for bag drop, not even a one person wait. Straight through security, no queues there either. Found a seat, a wooden snake shape bench kind of thing among climbing children near the gate exit by Pret with a nice view over the stand and could see all the runway action. Got lots of photos. Not particularly comfy but was a seat. Called to the gate, quick and efficient little line, straight out to the aircraft. Left 5 mins early.

Basic and functional, but have to say I was expecting the worst and was very pleasantly surprised. Well done LTN. I should say this was at 430pm when the bus left Parkway.