PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 23:33
Flightrider

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why didn't Thomson go for Mykonos instead? Unserved and more high end. Right up their street

I hope to GOD that Naples is not announced for summer 2018 with easyJet, Ryanair, Jet2 or whoever it may be. Thomson has literally just doubled capacity on NCL-NAP... I for one, don't want that compromised
Sounds like time for the airport to start using its pricing deals with airlines to incentivise behaviour and route selections in the way some others do. Not difficult but it tends to avoid certain routes becoming bunfights and sustainable development occurring.

And on the Dan 737s - I'm sure it was to do with performance. I thought BMDF used to have better weights or engines than BLDE (and BJXJ before it went to Britannia) so could do Berlin/Tenerife non-stop which the others couldn't. I can't immediately find anything on-line prove that but DF definitely spent most of its time in Berlin and was rarely seen in the UK and DE (usually accompanied by 727 G-BAJW) spent most of the time in Newcastle. DF also had the unusual distinction of operating for almost a year with a -15 engine on one side and a -17 on the other though. Never seen that before or since.