PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2017, 05:35
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jensdad
And DA51T, used when they used to spend endless hours driving a 737 or similar round the circuit.
Thinking about the DA89XX, something is telling me they used different numbers for different types? I definitely remember DA79XX and DA99XX being used. Might just have been if they had two or three positioning flights in the air at the same time though.
I think you are right - I went for the one I remembered most but there was definitely DA79. One for each aircraft type could have taken quite a few blocks up! Could one have been from NCL the other to NCL? On the subject of 737's was G-BLDE the best performing 737 hence it being based at NCL (the most northern base) for most of 84-90?

On SKG given the capacity on FAO now probably a decent move. PMI seems to be down to 3 TUI flights so perhaps Ryanair have had an impact on them. SKG was a route that was served from NCL from the 80's until Thomson dropped it a few years ago. There is a quite an impressive Family Life hotel there amongst others so it's probably got much wider appeal than Mykonos. I considerd flying from EMA or MAN in the past couple of years to get there but settled for the geordie staple of Spain! NB Paramount MD83's did SKG in the good old 80's and Dan air may have done it one year........

Last edited by DanAir89; 11th Sep 2017 at 05:47.