PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of the end?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2017, 13:57
Avinthenews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://skift.com/2017/09/08/jetblue...rocery-clerks/

JetBlue Pilots Will Come From the Ranks of Ex-Baggage Handlers and Grocery Clerks
It will never end! The screws will keep turning lower and lower.

I squarely blame all of this on the seniority system that aviation holds onto so dearly, and airlines in countries with lax labor laws are destined to benefit the most.

They no longer have to pay you for your experience and skills like a lawyer or doctor etc because not enough of us leave/move to a different company when our present company turns the screws on pay and conditions.

Forget the transition, but imagine a system like doctors, lawyers, bankers etc where you freely move around to get the lifestyle / pay you wanted for as long or as little as you needed.

Now ask yourself how would a company stop you from leaving vs now?........ Hint $$$

The rest of the world survives without seniority and so would we.

So expect this behavior by CX to continue, the beginning was when CX turned the screws in 94 and they realised an insignificant amount left, base closures insignificant crew left and you watch, housing and and insignificant amount will leave.

Trainers will stay in training and crew will apply to training to off set the losses, the best bit is they can even reduce training pay for exactly the same reasons.

Seniority means you will accept a small pay cut to avoid a huge one, absolutely brilliant

I'm all right Jack, as long as I'm ahead of you, as long as it doesn't happen to me, all these attitudes are a result of thinking in a seniority system going on strike never going to happen.