PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2017, 08:29
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, enthusiasm is something I am not noted for but I do report on the facts that can be taken either positively or negatively depending on peoples view point.

I am probably the greatest critic of that rediculas drop off zone. How it got through the airports planning committee will remain one of the great mysteries of our time. The only good news is it will be no more in a few months time when it is shifted to allow for the station to be built. The exit barriers are also being moved and increased but as they will end up being closer to the replacement drop off zone any delays will have an impact on the drop off zone.

The terminal development has not put in a culdesac so I don't know what you mean. Aprons have been extended and remarked but access is as before but each apron does now have more stands. Aircraft entering the main apron can travel via Taxiway Echo to the northern apron that leads to Taxiway Delta that leads the Eastern Apron and back to the runway and the southern apron so in effect there is a ring road of taxiways.

Work will start soon on Taxiway Foxtrot that will run parallel to taxiway Delta so will allow for 2 way traffic if needed up the eastern side of the airport.

Last edited by LTNman; 10th Sep 2017 at 08:55.