PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FILLING THE RANKS
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2017, 19:05
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigbux
Perhaps we should recruit more Chinese personnel. They don't seem to have a problem.
That won't work Bigbux - apparently the Chinese are finding recruitment equally tricky but blame it on the poor state of recruits due to excessive computer games and masturbation (apparently 8% of cases of med fail)
http://shanghaiist.com/2017/08/24/too-fat-for-pla.php

Training Risky,

I think you're right and it's a sense I've had for a while now of a deliberate attempt to shift the demographic of all the Services from experienced wafighters to young, cheap and disposable labourers in uniform - think a military version of Primark (if my young teen cousin's description of Primark is accurate I should add!). So not only numerically smaller but also shallower in terms of experience, but crucially for the Treasury (as its their opinion that matters) cheaper in terms of both pay and pensions. Their ability to do more than one turn of a handle or grow that experience in to a credible war fighting capability is a happy coincidence should it occur.

(Other than that, I'm doing fine, seemed to have slipped through the net and am still rolling my eyes at some of the questionable decisions but it keeps me from having to work for a living!)

Edited to add now I've read to the bottom of the thread - Rigga & CharlieGolf, you have definitely highlighted a big part of the problem. We don't join the Forces to chase the big money, so if you take away the other aspects that attract people in the first place of course they will walk. And this goes exactly to my point of recruiting being only part of the solution if politicians want a capable and competent military, capable of winning wars at short notice when they screw up.

Last edited by Melchett01; 8th Sep 2017 at 19:21.