PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw me a bone
Thread: Throw me a bone
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 22:39
halfscaledelfection

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throw me a bone

G'day,

Been reading the forum and most of you guys here seem to be in the real neck of things back home.
I'm a rookie who's frankly....how do i put it, just about to reach criticle angle. You see guys, I'm a Malaysian who's been in Sydney for 3 years, and by the end of this week, will be sitting for my CIR and in another couple of weeks, my CPL. Following that will be 2 months of ATPL ground school. Having said that, come December that puts an end to my 3 year Aviation degree flying course with the University of New South Wales in Sydney Australia. THe flight training's designed towards JAR requirements, hence CIR, then come CPL.

Here's the problem, really, where do I go from here. guys? Would be great if I could get some good guidance (what would be the recommended choice/ best ways of applying/anything that will help)

Now, would it be best if I:
a) Try MAS cadet prog.
b) Air Asia
c) SIA cadets
d) Stick around in Australia flying 'bush'....most of my coursemates will be heading to Darwin/Kunnunara flying charter (Cessna 206's I've heard mostly) to get hours up.
e) suggestions please?

been burning lots of parent's hard earned blood and sweat, investing in the Degree in Aviation which comes with CIR, CPL and ATPL theory these years. Would like to get back, go out there and start a career.

Thanks,
Listening out