PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - More defence cuts
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2017, 23:08
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh Gawd! The Remoaners are out in farce today.
In my lifetime the £ has varied from $4 to $1 so I'm pretty sanguine about it's future and, in the meantime, exports and the tourist trade are doing well.

Leaving the corrupt EU restores control of our fisheries, farming and immigration to Parliament.
The bogus argument that we are retaining EU laws fails to acknowledge that they can be altered at leisure. Contrary to Remoaner propaganda, immigration from outside the EU IS affected. For instance, deportees will, no longer, be able to take their case to the ECHR.

It seems to me that the multiple, mostly unelected, EU bodies are really worried about the loss of the UK contribution to their unaudited coffers. Juncker, the President of the EC, was PM of a country with half the population of Birmingham. You really couldn't make it up.

Of course it will take years to restore our great country to its former success and sovereignty but it will be worth it.

As for 'austerity' and social security money which could go to the mil; perhaps we should take a hard look at our 'could work, won't work' people and stop their tap. As my Scottish grandmother used to say: "Maun dae's a guid master." ('Must do' is a desirable discipline).