PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsored Training - Suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2003, 19:55
jez_uk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
> Suggest you use the search facility, or dig about in the near past on this forum.

I have been doing some digging. I will continue to do so - thanks for the advice.

> You're too intelligent to be a pilot.

I don't believe obtaining a degree classifies me as "too intelligent". Many airlines should be interested in degree graduates because of the additional skills developed during higher education such as communication and team working.

I have had a desire to go into aviation for the last 3 or 4 years although i've only recently made a firm decision. One of the reasons I went to university was to ensure I have a solid education to fall back upon if things didn't work out. I could have quite easily posted this message a few years ago.

> Have you considered becoming a banker?

It's the very experience I have gained over the last 3 years that has cleared my mind. I worked in business while studying and it is not something I want to see myself pursuing in 30 years time. In many respects, I am glad i've had the business experience because I am now more confident of my decisions than ever before