PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2017, 03:30
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let me get this right...ATR pilots that have been with the Virgin group for over 5 years, were put through integration transfer training 2 years ago in order to swap from VARA to VAA, then recently had to pass an interview and sim assessment to transfer to the jet fleet, and now after all of this are stuck on the ATR due to a 10% cap imposed to keep the ATR fleet going, but at the same time new joiners are now coming off the street going directly to the 737 in Perth and 777 SO?

I found this very hard to believe at first, then I kept hearing the same story from people.
In my 42 years in aviation I have not heard of anything as so disgraceful.
I've done GA, military, Ansett, QF and many others, and this takes top prize hands down!

Ladies and gents this is wrong no matter how you perceive it. And no it's not the same story as with the guys at QLink and Jetstar trying to get in with QF. I've spoken to many of them as well.
The ATR group integrated into VAA 2 years ago after extra training, assessment and scrutiny. They are employees of VAA not VARA any longer.

Guys do your health and career a favour in that order...perhaps it's time to move on

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 3rd Sep 2017 at 04:13.